MAKES 4 COCKTAILS
Don’t double down on calories when you’re having you’re sipping your next home-mixed drink, there’s no need for artificial syrups or soft drinks when you can make this delicious tropical cocktail is 100% naturally sweetened and loaded with antioxidants from the mint (or peppermint tea). You will have to prepare the tea in advance so you can chill it before mixing but if you make up a large batch then this is very easy to do.
To learn about the health benefits of fresh mint, check out my Superfoods Bible.
Organic Pineapple Juice
Either 4 peppermint tea bags or 2 handfuls of fresh mint
2 cups of boiling water
4 teaspoons of coconut sugar or natural fruit syrup
8 shots of white rum
Get fresh recipes delivered directly to your inbox.
- Add the peppermint tea of fresh mint to the boiling water in a small pot and cover. Leave to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags or mint leaves and discard. Then stir in the coconut sugar or fruit syrup until dissolved. Let cool down to room temperature and then chill in the fridge for an hour.
- To prepare your cocktails pour one double shot of white rum into tall glasses.
- Add some ice and then 1/3 fill up each glass with pineapple juice.
- Add the sweetened tea to each glass using 1/4 of the mixture across 4 drinks. Then top up with extra juice if you need to fill the glass more.
- Top with a sprig of fresh mint if you have it and enjoy!