Serves 4 | Gluten Free
Full of good healthy fiber and gluten-free, these buckwheat pancakes are both good for digestion and highly nutritious. Buckwheat has many known health benefits including improving heart health, promoting weight loss, and helping to maintain diabetes.
These pancakes are not low in calories but they will really fill you up for the day and you won’t be left feeling stodgy and heavy as you might if you were to use regular flour.
To learn more about the health benefits of buckwheat, check out my Superfoods Bible.
- 1 cup of organic buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- 3 teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Grass-fed butter, ghee or cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 cup of coconut milk or rice milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
Get fresh recipes delivered directly to your inbox.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl and add the eggs.
- Gradually pour in the milk while whisking until the mixture is smooth and then set aside for 15 minutes.
- While the mixture is resting heat the butter, ghee, or oil in a pan on a medium heat until it starts to sizzle.
- Pour the mixture to fill the pan, flipping once large air bubbles form all over the pancake, and cook until they are golden on both sides.
- Serve with either fruit and maple syrup or your choice of topping and bon appétit!